Due to Wellesley’s location which is near Boston, there are more than 50 colleges, universities, and institutes of higher learning with in less than 20 miles from the city of Wellesley. No matter what your dream of a higher education entails, you will find the right school in or very near Wellesley.
Wellesley’s Private Women’s Liberal Arts College
You cannot speak of education for women without speaking of this wonderful college for women. It was founded in 1870 as part of the original Seven Sisters Colleges. Throughout the years Wellesley’s has won numerous awards and is highly acclaimed. The alumnae of this historic college are often called “The most powerful women’s network in the world!” Some of the alumnae include (but are not limited to):
- Madeleine Albright
- Katherine Lee Bates
- Hillary Clinton
- Cokie Roberts
- Diane Sawyer
- Soong Mei-ling
The college offers a wide variety of academic degrees and students can earn a Bachelor’s of Science degree through their partnership with other notable colleges and with their dual degree programs.
Northeastern University was founded in 1898. They are known globally for their experiments and research facilities. They offer a huge range of undergraduate and graduate programs. Northeastern University is one of the most distinctive universities in the region, and they are always on the cutting edge of education.
Babson College is a private business college for entrepreneurs. They educate and prepare entrepreneurship of all kinds and on every level. This college was established in 1919 and has a rich history.
- Arthur M. Blank – Owner of the Atlanta Falcons & co-founder Home Depot
- Edsel Ford II – Ford Motor Company, Director
- Aly Raisman – six-time Olympic medallist
- Akio Toyoda – Toyota Motor Corp., President & CEO
And much, much more.
As commented above, there are many colleges very near Wellesley, Massachusetts. Below we will provide you with a list of some of the colleges to provide you with the tools to find the college that best suits your needs.
- Babson ARTS – College Art and Culture
- Part of Babson College for entrepreneurs, Babson ARTS offers the same opportunities for people interested in the field of ARTS. This wonderful school allows cultural leaders of the future the foundation they need to succeed.
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University focuses on liberal arts.They are a private research university
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- Two-year community college with multiple campuses in the area
- Lasell College
- Lasell College is a private, co-ed college with a range of graduate and undergraduate programs. Lasell College was founded in 1851.
- Regis College
- Regis College is a Roman Catholic co-ed college. It was originally a college for women, and it was founded in 1927. Currently, there are more than 2,000 undergraduates and graduate doctoral students. The lovely college sits on 132-acres about 7-miles from Boston. This is one of the most prestigious Catholic schools in the United States.